How to backwash pool filter?
- Shut-off water pump.
- Press upon valve handle, turn device from FILTER to BACKWASH position.
- Roll out any backwash hose pipe or open any waste range valves.
- Open air bleeder system on filter, and change pump on.
- View pressure gauge for back-pressure and hose pipe for kinks. Expect you'll shut down pump quickly.
- After hose pipe fills with liquid, operate for just two to three minutes or until water runs obvious.
- Turn off push and move multiport valve handle to RINSE place. Run on rinse for 5 to 10 moments. Shut off push again, and move handle back again to BACKWASH. Switch on pump once more until liquid operates clear. Manage within style 3 to 4 times, alternating between backwash and wash, to ensure a thorough backwash.
- Shut-off pump motor and move multiport device handle to FILTER place.
- Switch pump-back on and note lower force. Roll-up backwash hose.
Add 1 pound D.E. powder per 10 sq ft of filter location. Look on filter tank.
- An adequately sized D.E. filter should, normally, be able to operate continuously for a period of four weeks between back-washings. A "Filter Run" of not as much as 30 days may suggest grid problems (or sizing problems). Filter grid material may become clogged with calcium deposits or oils. After getting rid of the grids from system, you are able to drench in TSP (trisodium-phosphate) and tepid to warm water to remove greasy build up. By using Baquacil or SoftSwim, and you will soak the grids in a 10% muriatic acid answer for a few minutes followed by a full wash. TSP immerse and wash will eliminate calcium deposits such as for example calcium.
- Eliminate altering jobs on the multi interface valve while the pump is operating.
- Usually do not put D.E. back in one's body by putting it in filter, add your D.E. toward skimmer.
How To Backwash Your Filter
How to Backwash a DE Filter (instagram video)
How to Backwash a D E Filter